The Seeing Eye

My photo
I've spent the past twenty years of my life trying to catch up to where I am, and I'm going to spend the rest picking up where I left off. Check out my link to The Art House Co-op then enjoy my Blog with alittle music. Ya gotta scroll down, then up baby. Oh yeah, don't forget to feed my fish while your down there.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sketchbook Project 2011

 My plan was to spend the entire day working on my book.  I was feeling it.  Putting the first line down felt great; however, when I flipped the page and found bleed through my heart fell to the pit of my stomach.  Just great!  Then my highlighter and crayon did not work well on the paper.  Another aarggh!  I do NOT like the paper at all.

So I took a break and surfed the net looking for a solution to my dilemma.  Ah ha!  I found other Sketchbook Project artists experiencing the same thing.
Some decided to glue two pages together, yuck .... how time consuming.  Then I surfed using the following text, "What is the best pen to use on Moleskin paper?"  Thanks to Bing, I found several links with suggestions.  Viola!  Off to Michael's (The Art Store is closed on Sundays) to purchase PITT Artist Pens then Office Depot for Pilot Fine Point G-2 and Pentel RSVP Medium Point Assorted Ink (for fun).

I ended up using a PITT, highlighter, crayon, and Prismacolor Colored Pencil, for now.  Need to get a new Sakura Pigma Micron 05.  Tweet .... Tweet

No comments:

Post a Comment